FruCon 02/28 Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Marie-Claude Danis, Gordon Elgart, Fiona Gardiner, Doug Levy, AJ LoCicero, Katherine Maheux, Heather Rolf, Zard Snodgrass
Still waiting on final numbers from Michelle
GST Refund - Zard still hasn't recieved the bill from the Courtyard. Need a tally to show % of Americans at the Con.
A motion was made and passed to open a bank account.
- two signatures to withdraw money, one to deposit
- three Canadian members of the committee and two US members should be signers. (Katherine, Michelle, Fiona, Angie and A.J.) - later agreed that Zard, as committee chair, should be added when it's convenient for her to come to Toronto and that the Torontonians should open the account, adding Americans when they can travel.
- the Bank of Montreal was chosen, as the community account information we had discussed previously originated from that bank.
- ask about credit card handling
We need to send a thank-you post to ammf, thank-you to the band. (Zard)
We will keep it up year-round, add more opportunities for the community to interact. It was voted not to register a domain name, but the site will be changed from frucon3.tripod.com to frucon.tripod.com. (Fiona)
All attending members of the committee expressed an interest in doing it again next year. We will set tasks at a later meeting with the full committee for Con IV has been established.
February 17 2001 seems to be the best date for next year.
- Book the Colony ASAP. (Michelle)
- Earlier deadlines
- Keep it simple
- Brunch again
- FrüCon letterhead
- Two-day convention - something to ask the community.
- Advance payment. We'd accept money orders but no
cheques, if possible.
Next meeting date will be decided once the bank account has been established.