FruCon 10/17 Meeting Minutes
In Attendance: Ellen, Gordon, Sigrid, Fiona, Kath, MC, AJ, Heather
ITEMS OF DISCUSSION
Ideas and Questions
- Gordon hasn't signed up for any tasks. Mentioned interest in food, Pub Crawl, Brunch, sponsorship committee
- Katherine thinks she may have spread herself thin - probably leaving the prereg group
- A few of the respondents to the webpage are interested in doing the walking tour.
- Gordon looking into possibly renting a bus to actually do the tour this year, or work out a way to walk it. If it can be done in 30-40 minutes, do during Con.
- Suggested that Frucon run a food or clothing drive both as a way to help people out and to attract sponsors who would be more willing to help out a "worthy cause". Decided that a food drive for the Daily Bread Food Back would take place - donation of food or money = 1 free raffle ticket.
- This year free raffle tickets *not* given out at the door
Curry's - local art supply store in Toronto
CFRB - Toronto radio station where last year's Q&A guest Jaymz Bee has a
NOW and EYE magazines - free weekly Toronto magazines. NOW music editor
Kim Hughes was a Q&A guest last year
- Debate: each draw equals an item or each winner gets the pick of what's
available? not resolved.
- Realised a raffle committee had not been formed
- Raffle committee:Gordon, Heather, Fiona
SUGGESTED RAFFLE ITEMS
Lee's tickets - idea generally nixed
certificate for bowling
Signed artwork from Scott McCloud, artist who references Fruvous in a
Eddie and the Cruisers 2 tape
doumbek or guitar, possibly decorated by Mike
Music gift certificate or book gift certificate
IDEAS AND QUESTIONS
NEXT MEETINGS - Nov 1 and 14 9/9:30 EST
- Q&A group should meet to discuss ideas
- When should we start prereg?
- Has Michelle talked to the Colony yet?
- Budget - ask Michelle to post it to the group